I work part-time at an art store & this tutorial on how to color your hair with soft pastels was sent to the store. Isn’t it magical? You can add any color highlights to your hair without permanently dying it! The full tutorial is from The Beauty Department or you can keep reading to see how it’s done.
1. Choose any color soft pastel of your choice. (Make sure it’s a SOFT pastel, oil pastels & chalk won’t work according to The Beauty Department. I used a Sennelier soft pastel, as they suggested.)
2. If you have dark hair or pretty much any color besides blonde, you need to wet your hair (or dip the pastel in water) before applying in order for the color to show. If you have blonde hair DON’T use water!
3. Choose a strand of hair & twist it. Basically all you do is draw along the strands while twisting so you don’t miss a piece… that’s it!
• You can buy pastels at any art store aka buy at Blick because I work there :)
• You can mix two or three colors on one strand or just use one.
• They also said the chalk may fall alittle onto your clothing throughout the day but I didn’t have that problem. It may just depend on the texture of your hair.
Hey lovers, the weeks halfway over.. yay! Just wanted to do a recap of a great event I attended, ‘Vaz Modern Beauty’, where I showcased Sweet & Chic and Bittersweet. My dear friend Jesika came along and helped me with my booth at this event. (She’s magical!)
The event took place at the Society Room in Hartford, CT. There were tons of great vendors, shops, and small businesses from makeup & hair to clothing, liquors, and jewelry. I met some really cool women who also started and maintain their own businesses, which was very inspiring! I gave away my “Reading is Sexy” bookmarks for free & met so many people that I ran out of business cards! Good or Bad thing? lol. All in all it was fun meeting new people and introducing my brand & businesses to new faces!
Found this hot cupcake tank on one of my many social networks & fell in love, so I thought I’d share. Isn’t it dope??? It’s made by a brand called ‘High Heels Suicide.’ Check out their store –> here! (Pics are from their site.)
(picture taken from tumblr)
The sneaks are from Aldo & the cake batter martini recipe is from howsweeteats.com
I’m so excited to announce that I’ve added Party Packs to Bittersweet! Click here to view them! Each package comes with a complete set of paper decorations for your next celebration. I’ve started out with kid’s party designs but will be adding more & more as time goes on.
They are all ready-to-buy, I’m just working on a few minor details so some of them are listed as coming soon. If you are interested in purchasing one of them or have any questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org ! Here’s some piccies of them below.
Hope you love ‘em!