Category Archives: Style
I work part-time at an art store & this tutorial on how to color your hair with soft pastels was sent to the store. Isn’t it magical? You can add any color highlights to your hair without permanently dying it! The full tutorial is from The Beauty Department or you can keep reading to see how it’s done.
1. Choose any color soft pastel of your choice. (Make sure it’s a SOFT pastel, oil pastels & chalk won’t work according to The Beauty Department. I used a Sennelier soft pastel, as they suggested.)
2. If you have dark hair or pretty much any color besides blonde, you need to wet your hair (or dip the pastel in water) before applying in order for the color to show. If you have blonde hair DON’T use water!
3. Choose a strand of hair & twist it. Basically all you do is draw along the strands while twisting so you don’t miss a piece… that’s it!
• You can buy pastels at any art store aka buy at Blick because I work there :)
• You can mix two or three colors on one strand or just use one.
• They also said the chalk may fall alittle onto your clothing throughout the day but I didn’t have that problem. It may just depend on the texture of your hair.
Found this hot cupcake tank on one of my many social networks & fell in love, so I thought I’d share. Isn’t it dope??? It’s made by a brand called ‘High Heels Suicide.’ Check out their store –> here! (Pics are from their site.)
(picture taken from tumblr)
The sneaks are from Aldo & the cake batter martini recipe is from howsweeteats.com
Why don’t they teach us this in school?!?!?
I found these piccies of model Miranda Kerr today, & I love this look…
It’s simple yet really chic & a cute everyday look. The zipper on the sleeve is my fave! & the scarf, & the bag, & the boots, haha.
(pics from modelcandids.com)
My birthday is soon approaching! (2 weeks & 4 days! Yes, I’m one of those annoying people who counts down the days…) I’ve started a tradition of throwing a huge house party every year for my birthday. This year I couldn’t decide between certain themes, so I asked my family, friends, & fb, and thanks to everyone’s opinion I decided to throw a kick ass CANDYLAND party!
For my party I’m not going to focus so much on the characters from the game because I’m turning 24, not 12. I’m mainly pulling inspiration from the bright colors & candies/sweets. A friend of mine suggested watching ‘Katy Perry’s – California Girls’ video & that gave me all the inspiration I needed. (‘Fergie – Fergalicious’ is a good one!)
So can I tell you how much I love this inspiration board?! It’s frkn magical…
I’m so excited to plan and decorate off of this board. I’ll be sharing my ‘planning process’ of my party here, so stay tuned!
Just added NEW notebooks to the store! They’re dope, bold, & bright.. :)
Check ‘em out here, Buy ‘em & Love ‘em!
Have you missed my five magical things?!?! Well here’s the randomness I love this week!
1. My pink Otter Box Iphone case
2. Daily’s Strawberry Daiquiri pouches > than Capri Sun’s
3. I’m in love with The Voice & Javier!!!!
4. Voluspa Candles: Suede Blanc smells like magic.
5. Feather earrings, perfect for summer.